Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hurdling...

I went to the city on the weekend and left the security of my little house (and its healthy food choices).
I know I have to learn to blend my new 'healthy lifestyle' with whatever I do... but the temptation of cakes and fast food right in front of me was daunting. I want to stick strictly to my 1200 Calories and exercise in this first 12 weeks to get great results.

Hurdles are what I call the challenges faced in the outside world... cafes, shopping centres... even being away and finding time and a place to exercise. Some of the hurdles I faced on the weekend:

  • The drive to the city. Normally I'd scoff lollies and iced coffee in the car on the 2 hour drive, instead I opted for water, an apple and a skim flat white (and distracted myself with an audibook)
  • Sunday arvo 'drink' at the pub. I had diet coke and enjoyed every sip sitting out in the sunshine with my man :)
  • Sunday Dinner out at a restaurant. I chose an amazing sweet potato and beef salad. Loads of greens & balsamic dressing... it was delish! (I did notice a honey glazed Pork belly main dish that the 'old me' would have certainly ordered and I felt empowered that I could look past it).
  • Exercise. I found a park and did my long run early on Saturday morning. It was perfect!
  • Breakfast. It's hard to find low fat breaky out, so I took my weetbix with me and ate breaky in my hotel. Easy peasy. 
So I guess the key to hurdle jumping is organisation. (oh and not freaking out). 
It'll get easier and come 'naturally' eventually I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment